Sunday, April 19, 2009

Wishing...

You've seen them - you probably have them in your yard, too. I took this picture in our yard a couple of years ago. To you they are probably weeds, but to me they are two of my most favorite flowers in the world. I don't know the official name of the little yellow one, but the other, of course, is the dreaded dandelion (or "wishing flower")- it's beautiful and delicate when it blooms but is followed by ugly, prickly foliage. I was out in the yard this afternoon and saw both of these blooming. Immediately, I was taken back to recess on the playground at Little Mountain Elementary when we'd pick the yellow ones and stick them behind our ears or in the button holes of our shirts. The dandelions, of course, were so much fun to blow and shatter. I always made a wish when I blew a dandelion....and I just knew the wish would come true. Today, I looked at those flowers (or weeds, if you will), and thought of how God makes something of beauty in the midst of everything that seems to be so ugly. And then I thought about those in my family and in my circle of friends who are going through some really difficult times right now because of health issues or job loss. So, I picked one of those dandelions, and I blew it, and I said a wish..and a prayer...for you - Ann C., Tanya P., Chris S., Jackson S., Karl R., and Maggie (my very best canine friend). I know God heard my prayer, and I know He has great plans for you - something of beauty in the midst of what seems so ugly right now. God bless you...

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! I can't wait to see what you post. It's a great way to stay connected. And, the picture of you and Mom is wonderful! Big Hugs!!
    -Yvonne

    ReplyDelete