Sunday, April 26, 2009

Who Would Have Thought...






















The following is copied and pasted in pieces and parts from www.scpalmettogold.org:

The Palmetto Gold Nurse Recognition and Scholarship program is a
subcommittee of the South Carolina Nurses Foundation. To date, over $100,000.00
in nursing scholarships have been awarded and an endowment established that now
exceeds $100,000.00. Each year nurse employers across the State of South
Carolina are given the opportunity to nominate outstanding nurses to receive
this prestigious award. One hundred nurses are selected as Palmetto Gold
recipients for their excellence in nursing practice and commitment to the
profession.

Nominators are asked to provide evidence of how the nominee
demonstrates excellence in practice and commitment to the profession by
addressing these four criteria:
*Promotes and advances the profession of
nursing in a positive way in the
practice setting or in the community
*Displays caring and commitment to patients, families and colleagues
*Demonstrates leadership and assists others in growth and development
*Contributes to the overall outcomes in the practice area/setting


Nina Blanton and Joyce Jacobs...my WOCN mentors (and Mothers #2 and #3)... nominated me for Palmetto Gold this year....and I was chosen as one of the 100 nurses in the state to receive this honor for 2009. The photos, above, are from the Gala which was held at Seawell's on Saturday night. Who would have thought....I'm still amazed!
Mama (Mother #1), Ann Cargile (my wonderful friend and coworker), Nina, Joyce, Chrys Huggins (Mother #4, co-worker in OPSC, and creator of the very best chocolate cake with chocolate icing and nuts on top), and BJ Roof (my Nursing Director at PHB)....thank you for spending your evening with me at the Gala. I can't think of better people to share the experience with. Thanks Nina and Joyce for the nomination. Your kind words in the application meant so much more than the award itself...you've made my year.

5 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you! What an awesome award for an awesome nurse!

    Love Ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were perfect, all that hard work shopping was worth it. You looked great! Thanks for sharing the the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look absolutely beautiful. The whole group looks great! You deserved this award. Thanks for letting me see the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations you definitely are a mentor of mine when I go up I want to be just like you

    chis

    ReplyDelete